Laster
Vennligst vent
Hovedkartet Hovedkartet
Illustrert reiseguide:
Reisemål (0 / 0)
Panoramabilder (0 / 0)
Bilder, fotogallerier (0 / 0)

 

 

 

  1.  
Mistet passord Mistet passord

Glemt passordet? I dette tilfellet, kan du fylle ut feltene og trykk på knappen.

Brukernavn (e-postadresse eller alias):
Bekreftelseskode:
 

Reiseguide - En tilfeldig utvalg av innholdet Reiseguide - En tilfeldig utvalg av innholdet
Klikk på bildene!
Somlyó Hill (Gyertyános) - Mogyoród, Ungarn
Start bildevisning
Start bildevisning
Panadea logo Turist- og reiseinformasjon
Språk:
Hva ser du etter?
Hvor? (Klikk på kartet!)
Dato:
-
Maksimumspris:
/person
Søk på nettstedet:
Åpnes i et nytt nettleservindu
Mobilversjon Mobilversjon

(Optimalisert for enheter med liten skjerm)

Miscellaneous pictures - Ljubljana, Slovenia

Når du klikker:

Klikk på bildene!

Klikk på bildene!

Egenskaper

Plassering:

GPS-Koordinaten: For tiden ikke tilgjengelig

Informasjon, korte historier, interessante fakta

The Triple Bridge ("Tromostovje") over the Ljubljanica River and the reddish Franciscan Church on the Prešeren Square, viewed from the colonnade of the Plečnik's arcades - Ljubljana, Slovenia The Triple Bridge ("Tromostovje") over the Ljubljanica River and the reddish Franciscan Church on the Prešeren Square, viewed from the colonnade of the Plečnik's arcades

The Tromostovje or Triple Bridge in the town center of Slovenia's capital city is situated on a place which was a crossing point already since 1280, but that was just a wooden bridge. This first bridge was destroyed by the fire of 1657, but it was then rebuilt again. The new stone bridge was built then in 1842, designed by the Italian architect Giovanni Picco. It was made mostly of Glinica limestone and concrete, at that time it was called Franz Bridge or Francis Bridge ("Frančev most") after Archduke Franz Karl of Austria (1802-1878). However, in the everyday language it is called simply the Franciscans' Bridge ("Frančiškanski most"), probably due to the Franciscan Church and Monastery that is next to it (and it also consistent with the name of the Archduke Franz Karl). So this structure became the wider middle part of the present-day Triple Bridge.

The two pedestrian-only side-bridges were designed by the Slovenian architect Jože Plečnik and his student Ciril Tavčar in 1929, the purpose was to reduce the narrowness of the crossing point. The footbridges were built finally between 1931-1932 and since then this bridge system can be rightly called Triple Bridge. In 1997 the bridge complex had undergone major renovations, then in 2007 the car traffic was terminated also on the middle bridge and the pedestrians could take possession of the whole Triple Bridge.

The baroque Franciscan Church of the Annunciation - Ljubljana, Slovenia The baroque Franciscan Church of the Annunciation

The Franciscan Church of the Annunciation ("Frančiškanska cerkev Marijinega oznanjenja") in Ljubljana is typical red painted and not by accident: the red color is one of the symbols of the Franciscan Order. The church was built between 1646-1660, its bell-towers some time later. The structure of the baroque building follows the basilical layout: the single-nave church has two side chapels on both sides.

A small square by the Ljubljanica River - Ljubljana, Slovenia A small square by the Ljubljanica River

The Ribji trg (in English "Fish Square") is the smallest square in Ljubljana city, it is on the bank of the Ljubljanica River and it was created from a street with the same name (Ribja ulica) after the earthquake of 1895. The square (and the former street) is named like this for prosaic reason: once it was the fish market of the city. In the middle of the square there is a neoclassical style drinking fountain and a statue on it from the second half of the 19th century, representing a lady who is pouring water from a jug. The theme of the fountain and the statue is based on the ancient Greek mythology. Is also confirmed by the three metal reliefs on the pedestal, which represent Poseidon, the god of sea and waters. The fountain is here in the Ribji Square only since 1981, before this time it was placed in the garden of Tivoli Mansion (in other words the Tivoli City Park).

The tiny square has another record as well: here stands the oldest building of Ljubljana (2 Ribji trg), which was built in 1528. Initially the building was owned by Volbenk Posch who was a merchant and the major of Ljubljana. In 1562 here lived Primož Trubar, the leader of the Slovenian Protestant movement and the creator of the written Slovenian language.

Ljubljanica River - Ljubljana, Slovenia Ljubljanica River

The Ljubljanica River that is winding through the capital of Slovenia was the prime target of the treasure hunters for a long time, and not by accident. Today this activity is already prohibited by law, but the artifacts found here were presented in an article in the National Geographic, the famous American magazine. In the river the archaeologists found among others ancient Roman swords, old Celtic coins, as well as other objects which were used in everyday life.

The twin-towered Trnovo Church ("Trnovska cerkev") or Church of St. John the Baptist (built in 1854, rebuilt after an earthquake in 1895) - Ljubljana, Slovenia The twin-towered Trnovo Church ("Trnovska cerkev") or Church of St. John the Baptist (built in 1854, rebuilt after an earthquake in 1895)

According to a legend the great Slovenian poet France Pešeren met Julija, the love of his life here at the Roman Catholic church of Trnovo ("Trnovska cerkev") in Ljubljana. Probably that's why this church is one of the most popular wedding venue in the city, although in truth the poet was died before the church was completed.

The major sights of the Trnovo Church or St. John the Baptist' Church are among others the beautiful altarpiece with the image of the eponymous saint, as well as a carved wooden sculpture of the Sacred Heart of Jesus Christ. It is also worth mentioning the church organ from 1864, as well as the many artworks of the internationally renowned Slovenian architect Jože Plečnik.

The church was begun to build in 1854. The great earthquake of 1895 did not spare Ljubljana, together with many other buildings in the city this church was also heavily damaged, so later it was practically completely rebuilt.

Hovedsiden av Ljubljana
URL til denne siden URL til denne siden
Recommend this page Recommend this page

Del med vennene dine!

Flere alternativer:
 osv.
Bildealbum Bildealbum
Salgótarján, UngarnBudapest, UngarnPlitvice Lakes National Park, KroatiaMogyoród, Ungarn
Mange flere bilder:

Vår reiseguide inneholder:

Et stort antall bilder og panoramabilder, med massevis av informasjon og interessante fakta.

  • 214 reisemål
  • 165 panorama bilder
  • 30 494 andre bilder

Stor samling av utvalgte bilder: utmerket kvalitet, høy oppløsning og naturlige farger

     
Denne siden på andre språk:

Om oss  -  Generelle forbehold  -  

Alle rettigheter reservert


  -  ©2010-2022 Neuronit Creative Studio  -  Mogyoród / Budapest / Ungarn